Sunday, April 12, 2009

True Meaning of Easter Sunday

As I woke up this morning somewhat early I had that privilege of watching the sun still come over the mountain behind our apartment. It was beautiful and breathtaking. Than I truly realized that was made possible through Our Savior Jesus Christ. I watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFhS0dAduc from the Church website of Elder Hollands talk in conference and it was so touching that I wanted to share it with everyone.

I know that through him and because of him we will live again after death. I know that families can be and will be together forever through all eternity and for that I am grateful. I know that Christ atoned for our sins, sorrows, and pain in the Garden of Gethsemane. I know that on the cross when Christ was is so much pain and agony he died for us, but I also know that he lives. He lives for us, he lives in us, and he lives around us. He will never leave us in hour of pain and agony. If we ask he will come. I know that he loves us and that he is God's Only Begotten Son and for this I am eternally grateful for this TRUE GOSPEL. We are not alone and never have to be. He is our brother and our Savior!

5 comments:

Workmans said...

Kandra, what a great reminder. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter Sunday. Thanks for sharing.

Kerry said...

Thanks for uplifting us about the true meaning of Easter-we all need that!

jess said...

Well said! Some people focus too much on the Easter bunny! Your blog is really cute... I'm glad I found it! See you soon!

Ryan & Amanda Leiser said...

Hey Kandra! It's been a long time. I'm actually gald that you blog stocked me:) I'm doing really good. Just busy working and planning the wedding. It's so good to hear from you. Sydney is so stinkin cute, and congradulations on being pregnant again that is so exciting. You should give me a call, and we should get together. Love Amanda

Bateman said...

Kandra you are amazing! Well said sista! You have always been so awesome, I love your guts!