About 4 weeks ago at my appointment before today, my doctor said something might be wrong with the baby's kidneys. He said not to worry he just wanted to get another ultra-sound to keep an eye on them to see if they were getting bigger or back down to normal. He explained to Brandon and I what it was, but I can't remember for the life of me what he said and how he said it so sorry. Well we went in for another ultra-sound this morning and had my doctors appointment. The doctor said that according to the measurements this time the thing that was wrong with the kidneys got slightly bigger, but he was going to have the radiologist look at it more closely, but he doesn't doubt that when I go in for next appointment in three week we will be scheduling another ultrasound. He said that if this continues than the baby will probably have to have ultrasounds to keep an eye on his kidneys after he is born. He told us not to worry he just wants to do this for precaution. In all his years of practice he has never seen kidney failure or problems with baby's kidneys that might have this problem after they are born. He has seen however if it gets too bad while they are in the womb having to give the baby surgery before they are born, but he says that this baby is no where close to having that serious of a problem and I'm 26 weeks now. I'll just have to have numerous ultrasounds throughout the rest of this pregnancy. So yeah it's a little scary, but I have a strong feeling that everything is going to be alright! I do have to go to a Physical Theropist for my hip because I'm getting to the point that when I wake up in the morning I can't even walk. But you know what I would rather have that kind of pain than have something serious happen.
Now for an update with my high risk delivery. When I had my problem during and right after I had Sydnee the doctors thought for sure that I would have to have a c-section with my next kid. Well, my doctor now did some research and had some specialist from Utah take a look at my charts and they said that they are going to shoot for having this baby vaginally, but I have to have an epideral and I will have the minimal pushing possible. So I won't be pushing until the baby has completely dropped into the birth canal. (or however he put it) But if I show any signs of having the Crepatins (sorry I don't know how you spell it) then they will stop the process and put me in for a c-section. He sounds pretty confident that everything will be ok and work out. I feel that everything will be ok also. But you never know because I always seem to find a way to suprise people.
Well other than all this this pregnancy is going great. I just have massive heartburn ALL THE TIME!!!! I can live with that I guess. Syd is doing great. She is such a girl and has such an attitude. She also has SO MUCH ENERGY. I don't know where she is getting it from ;o) She is learning to talk a lot more. She tries to mimick everything we say and do. I would post pictures, but our computer won't let us right now and we lost the internet on our nice computer. I will be posting a ton once we get the internet up and running again on our other computer. Brandon is doing great in school and work. Life is awesome and we are loving it!!
5 years ago











16 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about all those ultrasounds. I had problems with my hips and a pregnancy helped, it might work for you too.
Well you definitely ended on a high note-I'm glad you're so positive..it's hard when things aren't just dandy but I'm glad things are looking good.
I think ultrasounds are fun-sucks if your insurance doesn't cover them-but you get to see him grown and probably get lots of ultrasound pics of him-too bad it's for a medical precaution-but hopefully all will be well.
Kandra it's good to get an update on you and the little one. You guys are amazing! We will be thinking about you and hoping everything goes as smoothly as possible. Hang in there!
Oh Kandra I hope everyting turns out ok! You are such a strong person and I know you'll be just fine!
Gosh I miss you! I'm not working anymore so maybe I'll have to make a trip down to see you guys!
take care
Heart ya
Brandy
Wow, that sounds a bit scary. I'm glad that you feel everything will be alright. Isn't the Holy Ghost great to have in our lives? Good luck with everything!
Not fun stuff but I'm sure everything will work out. Things always do. We will be praying for you guys! I can't wait to see you!
Hey girl!! That is cool you get all those ultrasounds!! I hope everything is ok!! Man I can't wait to get some time off and come see you guys!! You are awesome!!
I hope that everything works out okay with your baby's kidneys. Kayla had kidney problems in-utero as well. So we had a TON of ultrasounds. She had to have one after she was born too, and the problem had disappeared. Hopefully your little guy will be the same way!
YOu have always been such a positive person. I'm sure everything will be just the way God intended it to be. He knows how strong you and Brandon are and is blessing you once again. We miss you and love you all. It you need anything at all please call, you're only a short drive away!! You are in our prayers and heart. Love you all Tons!!
Remember Priesthood Blessings= Miracles!! Seriously.. Don't doubt its power. I had BAD hip problems (and tail bone problems) with Natalie. I had cyatic problem w/ the otherkids. But with Natie, I had to go to the Chiopractor to get relief. I hear you on not being able to move feeling, not fun. Good luck on everything.Hopefully working with the PT helps.
sorry to hear that!! I sure hope and pray that he is okay!! We sure do miss you guys but are glad that you are enjoying Pocatello! you are in our thoughts and prayers!
We are excited you are having a boy, and hope everything goes well for you and your family. Keep us updated. It is cool to have a lot of ultrasounds though. Good luck! We love you guys!!
Congrats on pregnancy and your little boy! I am super excited for you guys to add a little boy to the family. I bet Brandon is super excited. I am sorry to hear about all the problems. I hope things get better for you guys. I can’t wait to hear more about how you guys are doing!
Wow-I hope everything goes alright too. I am sure it will. We need to do something sometime. You are such a sweetheart.
Kandra,
This is Jenna's big sis, just out blog surfing, and I saw that no one had commented on the heartburn part of your post. I made do with tums/malox in my first pregnancy and swore that the second time I would ask the doctor for help. He had me use Prilosec or Zantac. I usually got the generic (and much cheaper) versions and loved them. I ended up buying like 6 bottles because I would leave them home and have to go to the store and get more. I say, check with your doctor for options if you haven't already. It is so much better to not have to suffer. Wishing you the best.
You have 10 days to go and you're not blogging..like you're going to have time to blog after he gets here--come on girl!
Post a Comment