Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Today I pray for........

PATIENCE! I love my kids more then I could even attempt to explain. Since I have become a mother 4 1/2 years ago I have never felt so much frustration, been so worried, been so angry, and felt so helpless. But also since I have become a mother I have never felt so much love, gratitude, excitement, and been so happy. Being a mother and wife is someone I have always wanted to be and I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father and Savior made that possible for me, but there are days like today that my daughter and I both wake up on the wrong side of the bed. There are days like today that finally hit me like a ton of bricks because I haven't slept more than three hours a night since my third trimester started with pregnancy. There are days like today that I just need to pray a little harder and a little more often for patience with Sydnee and Dawson. They make me so happy and make me laugh so hard one minute and then the next they are fighting with each other, telling me no on everything I ask them to do or don't do. I grew up with my dad telling me that I was going to have a daughter like me ten fold. And dad I think it is time that you can say "I told you so." Those are words I don't want to hear, but those words right now are so truthful. I've always known once we had Sydnee that she was exactly like me. She may look more like her daddy (in a beautiful girl version), but she acts exactly the way that I was when I was younger. She gets way cranky, unhappy, feisty, talks back, thinks the world revolves around her, WAY TOO EMOTIONAL about EVERYTHING, picky about what she eats (all the time), and she just thinks life is too hard. But those unpleasent reoccurances are not just what my little girl is made of. What Sydnee is really made of is laughter, kindness, expresses her feelings, understanding of what other people are feeling, social, active, funny, loves her brothers, is usually pretty good about sharing, loves to cuddle and give hugs and kisses, great in church, and she is very loving. Those are the qualities that I need to always remember and look for in her, even on the days and moments when throwing a fit about every single thing is her motto for that day. So i guess where this post is leading and the reason I am writing this is to remind myself how much I really do love my children and at this moment a reminder of how I really love my beautiful Sydnee girl. I may not have been blessed the natural patience, but I have been blessed with the knowledge of prayer and the faith of what constent prayer can do for me and my family. This post is dedicated to Sydnee, my little girl who always keeps me wanting and trying to improve who I am and want to become. I love you SYDNEE!

2 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

K, why'd she's holding a "D" in the picture?

Bobbie said...

You are a good mom! We all have those days where nothing seems to go right and I have a daughter exactly like yours... who is my spitting image (my poor mother :)) You have the right attitude about it all though. Hang in there, 3 is hard but it gets easier.