Monday, February 6, 2012

Life with three kids (so far)

Well it is day 5 of life with three kids and so far it is going pretty well. I have my emotional moments (like right now), my annoyed and impatient moments (with Sydnee and Dawson), and my energy moments(where all of a sudden I have the energy to clean). My mom is here with me until at least friday of this week and she has been amazing. I need to give her more credit and show more often how much I appreciate her. She takes so much crap from me I'm sure because I'm a little OCD and like things my way and I just need to let her help me and tell her how amazing she is and how grateful I am to have her here. My mom, Brandon, and my kids have been so patient with me these last few days with my emotional rollercoaster moments and I love them so much for it. It's amazing how much you forget when you have a kid. With each kid is different, but there are things that you really do forget. Like lack of sleep (thankfully my third trimesters prepare me for that), how much newborns want to eat and how many poopy diapers they like to suprise you with, and how newborns are just trying to get used to this new life outside of the womb and how much attention they need because of it. Little Emery is such a little miracle and blessing in our life and we are so grateful to have him, it's just an adjustment to having a newborn with two other little kiddos that want to smuther him at the most inconvient times (like while I am trying to nurse little baby Emery). It is amazing how much Sydnee and Dawson love little Emery. They are for the most part very soft with him and careful, but there are times that they love him a little too much and we need to be there with them at all times when Emery is around. Little Emery loves to eat and loves to be held. He is a very cuddly baby just like Syd and Dawson were and still are which I love. I am very grateful for my friend for letting me borrow her swing though because even though I love to cuddle with Emery and my kiddos, let's just face it, I have things I need to get done. Even though I would much rather cuddle them!
It is going to be interesting trying to figure out a schedule for me and my little ones. Adjusting to two kids wasn't that hard for me, but adjusting to three I'm kind of scared for. I know I can do it, but I am still scared. Any advice would be welcomed. I am however very grateful for the support that I have all around me from friends and family. I love knowing that if I need help with anything or I am in a bind I always have someone I can call. This go around though I am more apt to saying yes if someone asks if they can help me with something. I used to be so stubborn and said that I was fine and that if I needed anything I would let them know and I would never call them, but with baby number three I am more than accepting of people's offers to help.
Life is good and I love my kids so much and am so grateful to our Heavenly Father for trusting us with his beautiful children here on this earth. I love Brandon so much for trying to understand me and giving me hugs through the hard times and easy times. I am especially grateful for Brandon for loving me no matter what. He is so supportive and tells me how beautiful I am everyday and tells me that he loves me ALL THE TIME, and tells me how amazing I am for having three kids and being their mother. I make my mistakes way too often as a mother and yet my kids still tell me they love me and reach out to me when they are sad or in pain. What did I do to deserve the life that I have? I feel so blessed and loved right now and I couldn't ask for a better plan that our Heavenly Father has for me and my family. I may not know what is waiting for me in the future, but I do know that if I stay on the right track in this life, I have a kingdom waiting for me with my family and that is what is most important to me. I will get pictures up here soon I promise, but I just felt the need to say whatever was on my mind for this post and there might be more of these, so if you don't want to read them that is just find, but it makes me feel better and happier.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Kandra, you are such a great example! I am so, so happy for you. I know you are strong and you can do this with 3 kids! I really admire you :) I wish I lived close so I could help you out. I sure do miss you. I wish you the best adjusting. Sorry, I can't really help you out on that one. It was hard enough for me with just one :) ha ha

Idaho State University said...

Everyone I know says adjusting to 3 kids was so hard! You will get it figured out. I'm glad your mom is there to help you out. I will be back next week, so you are so welcome to drop off your kids anytime if you need a break. Or just come on over and hang out!

Idaho State University said...

Oops! This is Linds :)