Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Potty Training excitement and Potty Training woes

When Sydnee started to get close to 18 months she started to show a lot of interest with potty training, so I decided it was time to buy her a toilet and panties and have her sit on the potty when I was using the restroom. She started to do really well and pretty much started to potty train herself. She would go in there, take off her diaper and pants and go. I thought "Wow I don't have to do anything, she is doing awesome by herself" I would ask her every half hour or so and she would run in there all by herself. She was doing so well and I was so proud of her. Well then Dawson was born and bye bye potty training. We still ask her to go and take her into the bathroom and she screams and refuses to sit down on the toilet. Every once in awhile she will go potty and when she does she gets a sucker and a huge "GREAT JOB SYDNEE!!!" from mom and dad. I know she can go and she knows what she is doing and supposed to do. I guess we just need to be bigger sicklers about it to her. Wish us luck on trying again.
 
 
When Sydnee does go to the potty she is so proud of herself and she looks in her potty and says "I poo I poo!!" It's so cute and fun when she actually goes.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jess said...

That is so cute! What a funny girl. I love the towel cake!

Gillett Family said...

YEAH Syd!!! What a big Girl

Tammy said...

she will get it! Go Sydnee!